Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Tribute to our Service Men and Women then and now






Our school always takes time to recognize Veterans young and old here in Wheeler County. This year the student council asked for other names, like if we had anyone in our families, and they sent invitations and thank you notes to them. My Dad's schedule allowed for him to have the time to come. I was so excited when he called to ask if I had any plans for that day... of course I said nothing out of the ordinary...LOL. He then said he was excited to come and was tickled to get a special note from our school. The Veteran's Program was definitely heart felt and there wasn't a dry eye in the whole gym. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders sang several different songs throughout the program and then a representative from each class said something to the honored Veteran's. Below are pics and a video. I will apologize now for the jumpiness of the video in a couple of spots, I didn't have my tripod and tried to do it myself. LOL Enjoy!!!! Thank you to all our HEROS

No comments: